It is with great sadness that we learned on Friday that Graham Garratt had lost his fight with cancer.
Graham fought the cancer for 5 years and despite this was always cheerful and smiling. Graham had been a Scooterist for a long time and those members who have been in the scene since the 1980's will be able to recount tales from the past and have many happy memories of Graham, as well as those who got to know him more recently.
The funeral will take place on Friday 23rd November. Colin has arranged the rideout for this. We will meet at The Millpool, Hipswell Highway at 10:30, leaving at 10:50 to travel to the house and then on to Canley Crematorium for the funeral service at 11:30.
If anyone has any photos of Graham from the eighties, nineties, early 2000 or scooter related can you send a copy to Carmel, or the Webmaster, who will forward them, please. Please feel free to send flowers or donate to Cancer Research on Hacketts web site or both.
Casual dress please, Graham would want you to be comfortable on the day.
We will keep you updated if anything changes and details are also on the AONSC Facebook page.
RIP Graham, you will be missed.
NEW Merchandise on sale here
Well done to all who suppoerted both the Scooterists Ride of Respect to the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas, Staffordshire, and the various Memorial services on Sunday 11th November.
Also thanks to Special Brew and the DJs for making our Scooterists' Charity Night such a success. We raised £2500 for our charities.
What is happening over the next few weeks?.
- 16th - 18th November - Great Eastern Rally, Mablethorpe
- 16th November - A night of Northern Soul, Motown, Mod and Ska with DJs Sam Evans, Jimmy Temple, Micky Sly, 60s Dave and Sammy William
Ambleside, Nuneaton, CV11 6AT
£5 otd, 19:30
- 24th November - VCB AGM Sunderland
1st December - Coventry RAG Toy Run. Meeting at ASDA Walsgrave from 12:00, rideout leaves at 12:45. It costs £5 to do the run and this goes to Charity. The route we are informed is from ASDA to George Elliot Hospital, Nuneaton and then to the Hare and Hounds, Keresley. New toys can be donated on the day and these are for George Elliot Hospital.
- 1st December - Bedworth Saints Christmas Do - Tickets are £4 each.
- 4th December - Club Meeting, The Craftsman 19:30
- 15th December - South Birmingham SC Christmas Do - Tickets £10 each.
Please let Brian know if you want a ticket. The Quad and Marquis Drive playing.
- 16th December - Ride Out to Galanos House, Southam to present a cheque from the Ride of Respect Patch money. If anyone wants to donate a present please let us know, it does not have to be wrapped and they would appreciate toiletries. The ride out meets at Whitley ASDA from 12:15, leaving at 12:30 for Long Itchington Diner where we meet with the bikers from Royal British Legion Riders, we leave Long Itch Diner at 13:45 for Galanos House.
- 8th January 2019 - Club Meeting, The Craftsman 19:30
- 19th January - AONSC AGM, 12:00 at The Standard Triumph, Mayflower Room.
- 16th February 2019 - 34th Aniversary Do - Tickets are now on sale at £8 in advance.
Only 80 days left to get your Early Bird tickets.
Hope to see you out and about soon. Safe Scootering.
The AONSC meet on the first Tuesday of every month at the Craftsman, Beake Avenue, Coventry, why not pop along for a chat and a catch up. Except if there is a home match on!
2018 AoNSC target badges are now £1 each, please see Matt if you want one.